College Ministry | University Baptist Church
Welcome to all new and returning students! University Baptist Church has a college and career class taught by Pastor John Burns that meets every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. in the church library. Come and join us this Sunday as we begin a focus on forgiveness.
Another Bible study opportunity is offered every Wednesday for all adults at 7:00 p.m. in the prayer meeting room. A listing of upcoming studies can be found on the small groups page.
Students are invited to gather for a complimentary meals offered by the church about once a month. The Spring dates are March 12 after worship, April 13 at 6:30 p.m. and May 7 after worship. Register for the free meals in the church foyer or by emailing the church at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each week our worship is planned with students in mind. Sermons and music can be heard online. Our current sermon series "Forty-Two Stories Everybody Ought to Know." A listing of the sermons and references can be found on the worship page.
Volunteer to help us show honor to our senior adults. We are recruiting people who want to have a relationship with our eighty and ninety year old seniors who cannot get to worship.
UBC Outreach Ministry to University of Maryland Students
University Baptist Church has many programs and services designed to meet the needs of college students. We are walking distance from the University of Maryland's College Park campus, and welcome visitors, callers or general inquiries from college students at any of our services or programs.
1. Bible Study for University of Maryland students. Sundays, 10:00 a.m.
2. Blended worship for the entire congregation. Sundays, 11:00 a.m.
3. Sanctuary Choir. Wednesday night rehearsals at 7:00 p.m.
4. Monthly lunch on Sundays (free to all college students) after worship.
Reservations can be made by calling the church office, at 301-422-1430.
5. All-church prayer service and large group Bible study. Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. Join us as we study Thirty-Eight More Stories Everybody Ought to Know. (See more information under small groups.)
6. Periodic social gatherings for college and career young adults.
7. Ministry opportunities to help the homeless, hungry and economically needy.
Various times during the week.
8. Pastoral counseling. Available free, by appointment. Call (301) 422-1430.
9. English as a Second Language class. Available free, by appointment. Call (301) 422-1430.
10. Transportation to worship. Free. Call (301) 422-1430.